In this presentation, healthcare attorney Beau Patterson provides training for managers on the Security Rule under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, commonly referred to as HIPAA, which governs the use and safeguarding of an individual’s protected health information (PHI) by health plans, health care clearinghouses and healthcare providers. The first of a four-part series focused on the HIPAA Security Rule, this presentation addresses Administrative Safeguards and the first four underlying operational standards, including their implementation specifications. Topics include:
- Administrative Safeguards
- Standard #1: Security Management
- Standard #2: Assigned Security Responsibility
- Standard #3: Workforce Security
- Standard #4: Security Awareness and Training
This presentation requires a subscription to the Healthcare Law Compliance training module of JurisIQ.