In this presentation, McAfee & Taft healthcare attorney Patricia Rogers provides training for managers on the Privacy Rule under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, commonly referred to as HIPAA, which governs the use and safeguarding of an individual’s protected health information (PHI) by health plans, health care clearinghouses and healthcare providers. The second of a three-part series focused on the HIPAA Privacy Rule, this presentation examines the primary rights afforded to individuals with respect to their PHI. Topics include:
- Individual’s Right to Receive a Notice of Privacy Practices
- Individual’s Right to Access
- Individual’s Right to Amend Protected Health Information
- Individual’s Right to an Accounting of Disclosures
- Individual’s Right to Restrict Use and Disclosure
- Individual’s Right to Confidential Communications
This presentation requires a subscription to the Healthcare Law Compliance training module of JurisIQ.