In this presentation, McAfee & Taft healthcare attorney Patricia Rogers provides training for managers on the Privacy Rule under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, commonly referred to as HIPAA, which governs the use and safeguarding of an individual’s protected health information (PHI) by health plans, health care clearinghouses and healthcare providers. The first of a three-part series focused on the HIPAA Privacy Rule, this presentation examines the specific requirements related to uses and disclosures of PHI. Topics include:
- Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Types of Uses and Disclosures
- Opportunity to Agree or Object
- Individual’s Written Authorization to Use or Disclose PHI
- Minimum Necessary Standard
This presentation requires a subscription to the Healthcare Law Compliance training module of JurisIQ.