In this presentation, McAfee & Taft labor and employment attorney Charlie Plumb covers employer obligations regarding medical information requirements under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), designed to provide mechanisms for employers to administer and monitor FMLA leave in a fair and effective manner. Topics include:
- Employer’s right to request medical certification
- The medical certification’s information
- Challenging medical certifications
- Later medical certifications
- Contacting health care providers
This presentation requires a subscription to the Employment Law Compliance training module of JurisIQ.